How is this possible?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Kitab
Awesomeness Quotient: My smile
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Gay

How is this possible?

Unread post by Kitab »

So my girlfriend and I broke up for a little while and then we got back together she did sleep with people while we were broken up I didn't sleep with anyone. She got tested and we was suppose to wait until her results came back before we would have sex but we didnt. Her results came back and she had chlymadia so I went and got tested and my results came back that I had Trichomoniasis. I got tested twice to make sure that was right and it was. I didn't sleep with anyone while we were broken up but she thinks I did I have no reason to lie. How is it possible that we had two different STDs? Please someone answer because we are on the verge of calling a quits because she thinks I'm lying.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: How is this possible?

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there.

So, there are a few possibilities here.

One biggie is that she had or has Trich herself, and it wasn't tested for or found in her last tests, and that's where you picked it up. That could have happened recently or when you were together before. Trich is often asymptomatic, and it's extra easy for it to hide if folks aren't getting tested regularly.

While trich is also primarily sexually transmitted, it's also unusual but possible to pick it up from pools that haven't been cleaned adequately, or by sharing damp or wet underthings. Those are other possibilities.

You also may have had this before you were even with her if you hadn't been tested before.

She also could have been misdiagnosed with Chlamydia when she actually has or had Trich. That can happen, too. Trich has a bit of a reputation for being unconsidered and underdiagnosed.

That all said, I'd personally be more concerned about getting back together with someone who is behaving this way. If that's a conversation you want to have, we can talk about that, too.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic