Girl best friend

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
euphoria
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My honesty
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: straight

Girl best friend

Unread post by euphoria »

I have this girl best friend. we’ve been online friends for almost 1 year and i’ve found her attractive but we never did anything sexual. Last night i had a dream. she was doing something sexual for me in the dream and i haven’t stopped thinking about it. i looked at her photos and videos of her self today and she looked absolutely gorgeous. i’ve fantasized about her in the past but now after the dream it feels different.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Girl best friend

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Euphoria,

Is there something specific about this situation you'd like help with? For instance, are you now wondering if you can ask her out?
euphoria
not a newbie

Im confused on what to do with my feelings because she doesn’t find me attractive but i find her insanely attractive. I don’t want to ask her out because we’re best friends and i don’t think it would work out the best but i just feel really attracted to her and im not sure what to do
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It can be tough to be really attracted to someone and know that it isn't a good idea to ask them out or otherwise pursue things with them. In this sort of situation, I think it's best to have and acknowledge those feelings without mentioning them to her directly, since you don't think she'd be receptive. Does it feel like it is or will be difficult to keep these feelings to yourself, after having that dream?
euphoria
not a newbie

no i just don’t know
Mo
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Mo »

There's an advice column on our site about someone in a situation that sounds a little similar to yours, at least in terms of someone having sexual feelings for/a crush on a friend. Maybe it will be helpful to read through: I'm having sex fantasies about my crush! It might also be helpful to give yourself some space to write down the feelings you've been having, and how you're feeling about her and this situation. Sometimes writing things out can be a helpful way to process those feelings.
euphoria
not a newbie

yea i think that’s best. she told me in the past doesn’t find me attractive but after the dream happened for a strange reason i had feelings. we’re really close and she’s the best friend i’ve ever had but i can’t help but have fantasies or find her attractive. it’s weird because when i’m touching myself i sometimes think about her or do it to her. this is probably really wrong but i don’t do it often. the article really helped :)
Mo
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Mo »

I'm glad you found it helpful!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic