Is it hormones?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
confusedd
Awesomeness Quotient: i like to draw and make art
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: questioning

Is it hormones?

Unread post by confusedd »

Recently i find myself trying to forget about sex and masturbation since i feel guilty thinking about these things having masturbated maybe once but sometimes when i try not to think about it it keeps getting into my head and making me want it. I really wish i wouldn’t keep thinking of this and i don’t know if it’s something with my hormones (i am female, 14) or something wrong with me but i don’t like it and will this ever go away?
I never thought about this stuff before recently im hoping i stop soon since i don’t like simply lying down to relax and my mind wandering to thoughts of sex and idk humping a pillow and my vagina pulsing even thought i don’t want it to (that last one is really dumb and i want it to stop)
Is it hormones? Or just me suddenly knowing that i CAN pleasure myself and thinking about it too often? And any tips on making it go away? I feel so guilty for thinking these things anyway
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is it hormones?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi confusedd,

It sounds like this is really stressing you out! One thing to know is that everything you're describing is a pretty standard part of sexual development and puberty and that some of it, like that "pulse" you feel in your genitals when you think about sex, are involuntary. That means they're not things you can control, they're just part of how your body responds to things you find arousing.

All that being said, can I ask why feeling this way and thinking about these things makes you feel guilty?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic