Anxiety about pregnancy (Am I pregnant?)

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)

Could I be pregnant?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

questions12345
Pronouns: she/her

Anxiety about pregnancy (Am I pregnant?)

Unread post by questions12345 »

I just had sex for the second time ever on June 16th and we didn’t have a condom on for about 1 minute and then stoped to put one on. He never came but I am worried about precum. I wasn’t supposed to get my period for about a week but in June 18th (two days later) I started my period. On July 12th (about 1 month later) I was supposed to start my period. On July 13th (late to my period) my boyfriend was fingering me and I thought started my period about two days late. But when I got home about 10:00pm there was not much blood on the tampon and didn't bleed for the rest of the night or through the night. I am now 6 days late. I have been stressing out about it for two weeks. Could I be pregnant? Please help me and comment:)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Anxiety about pregnancy (Am I pregnant?)

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there.

Any time anyone has genital intercourse, there is some level of pregnancy risk, even when methods of contraception, like condoms, are used perfectly, and more so if they aren't. At the same time, stress can also delay periods.

But since you're saying your period is late, you can go ahead and take a pregnancy test now so you can find this out. If you were to be pregnant enough to cause a late period, you would be pregnant enough for a positive test. If you get a negative, then you can assume that either you did just have a super light period, you skipped one or your cycle may be shifting (or your math could be off), and/or stress about this played a part in knocking your cycle off schedule.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic