Why is precum under "no risk"

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Nox
Awesomeness Quotient: Physique and my love for arts
Primary language: Tagalog
Pronouns: he/him

Why is precum under "no risk"

Unread post by Nox »

I am a new visitor of this website, and I encountered the article about why do I think I'm pregnant. Under that article is the risk of pregnancy due to precum and it says that it has no risk and that you are not pregnant, but knowing that precum could contain some sperm should it be under low risk and not no risk? Or are there some things that I should know and realize that makes precum not being a risk? :?: Thank you.
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Why is precum under "no risk"

Unread post by Carly »

Hey Nox -- do you remember what article on our site you were reading? Was it by chance You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You Think You Are? This article does not say that pre-cum does not have any risk, because you are correct, it does. But this only applies to vaginal sex. What this article says is that there is no risk when you have pre-cum on your hands and you are engaging in manual sex like hand jobs or fingering. There are only trace amounts of sperm in pre-cum to begin with, and they do not survive on an outside surface like skin for very long.

I assumed that's what you were reading based on your post. if you're referring to something else on the site, we're happy to take a look.
Nox
Awesomeness Quotient: Physique and my love for arts
Primary language: Tagalog
Pronouns: he/him

Unread post by Nox »

Hello, my apologies for not stating the reference as to what article I read. My apologies as well for not specifying to what kind of sex I based it on. My question actually came from that article as well as in this one https://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodi ... _from_that , my question has been answered thank you very much! :idea:
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

Glad we could help!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic