don’t feel much masturbating

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
umbreon
Pronouns: they/them

don’t feel much masturbating

Unread post by umbreon »

hi!!

i am 16 (afab) and have been masturbating since 14. i mainly do it because i’m bored. i do get aroused and stuff and have attraction. the thing however, is that i haven’t really felt much during it. i feel the build up and then i finish but it’s nothing amazing or mind blowing. it’s more like the feeling you get scratching an itch. like it’s relieving i guess when i’m horny but other people describe it as the best thing ever and how orgasming feels so good but it’s never really been a big deal for me. it’s not numb or anything i have sensitivity it just doesn’t really feel like much. i do have sex dreams where it feels pleasurable but never when i actually try. i just wanna experience what other people are. i also am worried for when i have a partner in the future who wants to be sexually active. i don’t want to be disappointing
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: don’t feel much masturbating

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Umbreon,

So, part of this may be about expectations; while masturbation can feel super intense for some people, for others it can feel pretty mild, and for most people how it feels will actually vary from instance to instance, because a lot of things can influence are experience of pleasure. When you masturbate, is it something you're excited to do, or something you're doing because you're really engaged in a fantasy or turned on by something? Or is it usually done for another reason?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic