question regarding female ejaculation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
bingus!!!
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm a woman
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian

question regarding female ejaculation

Unread post by bingus!!! »

Alright so, what I know so far about female ejaculation is that it is a milky, thick, sweet fluid expelled around or at orgasm from the urethra. Squirting is different than female ejaculate as squirting is a clear liquid with varying urine content.

What I am confused about is.. both ejaculation and squirming come from the urethra, but often when I orgasm, a thick, milky, sweet fluid comes out of my vaginal opening. It's not a lot, maybe about a teaspoon. So.. if that isn't ejaculate, then what is it? Or am I just misunderstanding something and it is actually ejaculate?

There is barely any information out there about squirting and female ejaculation so I came here cause I'm curious.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: question regarding female ejaculation

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi bingus!!!,

Part of what might be causing the confusion is that female ejaculation and squirting are actually synonyms, not different things. So what you're noticing when you orgasm may in fact be ejaculation. If you haven't seen it yet, this article does a good job breaking down what squirting is and what we know about it: Squirt: On Ejaculation
bingus!!!
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm a woman
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian

Unread post by bingus!!! »

I have done a little bit of researching and most sources say that female ejaculation and squirting are different. It is really difficult to research though because there is still a lot of disagreement among scientists about it and incredibly little research has been done. But anyways, female ejaculation, as I understand it, is an expulsion of milky, white, sweet fluid, whereas squirting is clear fluid expelled from the urethra. I THINK that both come from the urethra but I really can't get a straight answer from anywhere online or any articles. Anyways scientists are still debating whether they are the same thing or two different things as far as I know..

Regardless, my original question still stands. Upon orgasm, there were maybe a couple teaspoons of white, milky, sweet liquid expelled from my vaginal opening, NOT my urethra.. so since both female ejaculation and/or squirting (which may or may not be the same thing, science is still deciding haha) come from the urethra, then what is the milky white stuff that came out of my vaginal opening?

I dont believe it is discharge or something that was there beforehand because after I removed my fingers, the white milky mystery liquid appeared on my fingers in a perfectly straight line. That suggests to me that it was pushed out under pressure from... somewhere in my vagina, like it squirted out at a reasonable speed. Otherwise there's no way that discharge could have made that very specific pattern.

Anyways thank you for any insight you might have, I've been very curious about this for a while now and it's unfortunate how little information/scientific consensus there is about all this
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

We actually have a lot more agreement and information than we used to on this. That said, in general, ejaculation from folks with a vulva tends to be clear and thin, and does tend to come from the urethra, not the vagina. It also will tend to be something where you know and feel when it happens, rather than only finding evidence of it post-orgasm.

Unfortunately, what no one here or elsewhere *can* do is tell you for sure what your particular fluid was you're asking about, both not being present, and without being able to analyze that fluid in a lab.

From what you're describing, this sounds more likely to me like it was a mix of regular vaginal/cervical discharges from your fertility cycle, as well as fluids that can happen when we're aroused. Because orgasm usually involves muscle contractions of both the muscles of and around the vagina, and the uterus, post-orgasm fluids like this appearing like yours -- and not seeing it before orgasm -- did can be pretty commonplace. I'm not sure what you mean by the straight line pattern you are talking about, but I don't see why how discharges (which is what we call anything coming out of the vagina, ultimately, as it is being "discharged") appear would mean they aren't discharge. Maybe I'm not understanding something you're saying?

I would keep my eye on things because thicker or additional discharges can sometimes be part of an infection, like a yeast or bacterial infection, or some STIs.

I would also say that ultimately, if it isn't a healthcare issue, it doesn't really matter what comes from the vagina or other parts of the genitals with or during any kind of sex, including masturbation. An array of fluids tend to be a common part of sexual activity, and all those fluids are just fine, you know?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic