Condom broke but noticed after 10 seconds. GF is not scared and does not think plan B is necessary.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
nico1234
Awesomeness Quotient: My willingness to help others
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Straight

Condom broke but noticed after 10 seconds. GF is not scared and does not think plan B is necessary.

Unread post by nico1234 »

So this Friday my GF and I had sex. We had multiple rounds and during one of them, the condom broke. After 10 seconds of it breaking I stopped and pulled out, I did not ejaculate. There was white pre-cum inside, however and I did have unprotected intercourse for 10 seconds.

We both figured it was nothing too worry about seriously considering the time span but when I googled it I saw that technically it is still possible, though very unlikely(?)

In addition, this sex took place three days after her last period.

I told her about it and thought it might be good to reconsider plan B. She has exams right now and never took it so she is very scared to take it (considering the effect on hormones). She really doesn’t want to do it and feels like the odds are too small. I told her the choice is hers but I still feel a bit uncomfortable about it. I don’t want to bring it up again and scare her but at the same time I wish she would reconsider.

Right now I am leaving it be, and we both agreed that she can do a pregnancy test when the time is right but I’m nor sure what is the right course of action.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Condom broke but noticed after 10 seconds. GF is not scared and does not think plan B is necessary.

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there.

So, it sounds to me like you have done everything you could do here already. Plan B was an option, but it seems clear she doesn’t want to use it. All you can do now is be supportive, take care of yourselves, and wait until she can test or gets a period.

I think it’s great you recognize that despite your anxiety about this, pushing her with Plan B isn’t respectful.

One thing we can do is talk about the future in the hopes of preventing this stress for you both again. It’s rare for condoms to break when they’re used properly. The most likely issue with a break like this is not using a lubricant or not using enough of one. Are you using lubricant with your condoms?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic