Question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Edhelraen
not a newbie
Pronouns: she

Question

Unread post by Edhelraen »

I'm currently going through my ovulation phase and I decided to play with myself today. When I finished, I went to the toilet to wipe off and noticed there was tiny traces of what I assume to be blood mixed with the discharge on the toilet paper. The blood was a little red and brown in color.

I'm assuming it's the leftover blood from my period last month that somehow got squeezed out?

Is this normal for it to happen? I've never experienced this before and don't know if I should see my obgyn or not. The blood isn't a lot. It's just like a speck or two mixed in, like when you have a scratch and you bleed a tiny bit. Something around that.

I also keep checking on it and the blood seemed to have gone away. Is it just a one time thing?
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Question

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Edhelran,

A little ovulation bleeding, or bloody mucous around the time of ovulation is fairly common. If you're not experiencing any pain, changes in your discharge or unexplained heavy bleeding I wouldn't be too concerned :)
Edhelraen
not a newbie
Pronouns: she

Unread post by Edhelraen »

I see. Thank you!

It stopped now and I haven't experienced any heavy bleeding, pain or changes in my discharge
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Okay! So, unless you're also sexual with any partners, or have been since the last time you had STI testing, there isn't likely a need for follow-up with a healthcare provider unless that's something you just want to do. It's always okay to just have checkups about things we are worried about if you have access to that kind of care.

If you haven't been tested recently, though, and you have had any sexual activity with someone since you last were, I'd go ahead and schedule that testing. You probably need it anyway, and then you can rule out this being anything of incident.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic