Urination With Erection Often Hurts After Masturbation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Thoughtful1
Awesomeness Quotient: Kindness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Straight

Urination With Erection Often Hurts After Masturbation

Unread post by Thoughtful1 »

I'm not sure if this is just me or a normal issue. I find myself having to urinate following every masturbation session. I do it at least once daily. The problem I have is that I still have an erect penis at that point. When I pee it hurts and feels like razor blades exiting into the toilet bowl. Is that normal or something ought to mention to a doctor? I'm curious if anyone else has ever felt that afterward and what the cause may be. I know you aren't medical experts but perhaps you have heard about this before.
Elise
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer

Re: Urination With Erection Often Hurts After Masturbation

Unread post by Elise »

Hi Thoughtful1 - whilst many men have difficulty urinating with an erection, the fact that it is causing you pain is worth checking in with a doctor about. Also whilst it can take some time for an erection to subside, one that lasts a particularly long time (and is related to pain) also is worth getting checked out. Do you ever have erections that won’t subside for a long time?
Thoughtful1

It is something that happens immediately after the session and then the erection goes away. If I urinate again when I don't have one there's no problem. I'm just wondering if it's a case of backup where semen is still trapped there or something and I'm going from ejaculation to immediate need to pee. This only happens immediately after and then penis goes flaccid.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Thoughtful1,

While some people with penises experience some discomfort peeing after masturbation or sex due to rubbing and friction, pain can also be a sign of infection or other issues. Since we can't say for certain what's causing it, I recommend checking in with a healthcare provider to see if there are underlying issues that need addressing.
Thoughtful1

Will do!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic