Masturbating

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
SL796
Awesomeness Quotient: I try to be as kind as possible
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Masturbating

Unread post by SL796 »

Hello, I am 19 (F) and I have never orgasmed. I've never really masturbated, but the few times I have tried, it doesn't feel very good and I just end up stopping. My boyfriend has tried to touch me as well but it never works. It feels okay until it feels like a lot of pressure is built up and it hurts so I ask him to stop. He thinks it's because I got sexually assaulted and my assailant bruised my clitoris sort of by touching it really roughly and that makes me not like it when it's stimulated but I'm not sure. I really would like to orgasm but I just dont know what to do. It's really frustrating because I want to masturbate and I want to orgasm but every time I try I end up feeling like shit because it never works.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Masturbating

Unread post by Mo »

Hi there, SL796, and welcome to Scarleteen.

I do have a few thoughts that might be helpful. First off, we do have an article with some masturbation basics that may be worth a read: Going Solo: The Basics of Masturbation.

I have a few questions to ask, too, so we can have a better understanding of what you're experiencing. When you masturbate, and when you're being sexual with your boyfriend, are you doing those things when you're already feeling aroused? I ask because many people find that the sort of touch that feels great during arousal often feels painful, mildly annoying, or like not much at all when they aren't feeling particularly aroused, or are feeling stress or pressure in a sexual situation. If your partner touching your clitoris isn't feeling great, are there other types of sexual or physical intimacy that do feel good?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic