Do I need plan B?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Do I need plan B?

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Hi there,

I had sex with my partner yesterday where we had a condom slip after he tried to pull out after ejaculation. This was because I kind of moved away before he had a chance to hold on to the base hence it slipped out.

Question is, I am already in Yasmin, I take it religiously everyday between 1030am to 1230pm. Does the accuracy of when I take it everyday matter? I understand we don’t have to take it at the exact same timing each day, just the within the 8 hours before it is considered late?

In my situation, should I get plan b as well?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Do I need plan B?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Juliaho90,

Since it sounds like you're taking your pill consistently (you actually have twelve hours before it's considered late), you can assume you're protected against pregnancy and Plan B isn't needed. Too, how a condom is positioned when it comes all the way off (not just slides up some) matters for the risk; the risk is there if the whole condom is inside you when it comes off, not if part of it is hanging out of the vaginal canal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic