Penetration

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Lukewarm
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Penetration

Unread post by Lukewarm »

I can feel stuff when I touch my clit but I feel nothing or uncomfortable when I try to stick something inside. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Penetration

Unread post by Carly »

Hey Lukewarm -- welcome to Scarleteeen! First thing I want to establish is that not everything feels the same for everyone, so generalizing an experience as "normal" or "not normal" can be a little challenging. But! What you're describing is a common experience. The clitoris is very sensitive, for many it's more sensitive than the nerve endings in the vagina. When you say that you feel uncomfortable when you penetrate yourself, what do you mean? Is it painful physically?
Lukewarm

Unread post by Lukewarm »

Carly wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:11 pm Hey Lukewarm -- welcome to Scarleteeen! First thing I want to establish is that not everything feels the same for everyone, so generalizing an experience as "normal" or "not normal" can be a little challenging. But! What you're describing is a common experience. The clitoris is very sensitive, for many it's more sensitive than the nerve endings in the vagina. When you say that you feel uncomfortable when you penetrate yourself, what do you mean? Is it painful physically?
It's not painful it just doesn't feel pleasurable at all
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. In that case, part of what might be going on is what Carly mentioned about the vaginal canal being less sensitive than the clitoris. The back ⅔ of the vagina has essentially no sensitivity, and the lower ⅓ of the vagina and the vaginal opening are quite sensitive (but, because bodies are different, how pleasurable it feels to touch that area will vary from person to person). The vaginal canal also tends to be more sensitive to pain than pleasure.

Too, having lots of lube on hand and making sure you're really turned on and relaxed can increase the chances that inserting fingers into your vaginal canal feels good. But since you get pleasure from touching your clitoris, is there a reason you're worried about the lack of sensation from your vaginal canal?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic