Penetration

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Sunshinedasies
Awesomeness Quotient: My smile
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Penetration

Unread post by Sunshinedasies »

Hello,
I(F23) have been masturbating for a while but it has always been clitoral stimulation. I recently purchased a super soft silicon dildo to experience with as well as starting to finger myself. I have noticed that I can only put the dildo in half way, do sure if it’s the angle or what? I’ve had an internal sonogram before and it was a little painful until it was a little farther.

The other day while using the dildo I thought it was going deeper I pulled it out and it was a little bloody(just enough for spotting).

Do I have a low cervix? Am I at a bad angle?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Penetration

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Sunshinedasies,

You're right that the angle might be a factor here! The vaginal canal isn't a straight tube; it curves towards your belly (you can see a diagram of that here: Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More). So some of using the dildo may involve finding a position to masturbate in that helps you insert it in a way that works with the angle of the vaginal canal.

Too, how large is the dildo you're using? While the cervix lifts when we're aroused to create more room for something being inserted, if a sex toy is long enough it does have the potential to hit it.
Sunshinedasies
Awesomeness Quotient: My smile
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Sunshinedasies »

Its about 6inches and I can only do about 3inches.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. So, one thing to keep in mind is that the length from the opening of the vagina to the back of the vaginal canal is about three or four inches when unaroused and only a few more than that when aroused. So a sex toy doesn't have to get very big before it's unable to fit all the way in.

Too, how much lube are you using when you masturbate? It's possible that the little bit of blood you noticed was from a small nick or tear that happened while masturbating, and those are more likely to occur if there isn't enough lube present or someone is tense or underaroused.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic