heavy bleeding and blood clots after loosing virginity

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
charlottelol
Pronouns: she/her

heavy bleeding and blood clots after loosing virginity

Unread post by charlottelol »

Hi, I lost my virginity 3 days ago and during and after sex i experienced VERY heavy bleeding and huge blood clots. During sex it was a lot of blood but i went for a shower and it was okay but suddenly while i was standing it just came out like a waterfall and that repeatedly happened like 6 times and i felt very dizzy and almost fell to the ground about 3 times but i never had any bad cramps. (btw I never have very heavy bleeding or cramps on my period and my period is about 2 weeks away.) That went on for about 2 hours or so and the next day it was waaaaay less blood but i still noticed some dripping out while on the toilet or on my pad and now the bleeding is like it is when im on the last days of my period. I dont want to tell my parents or see a doctor unless I HAVE to, I just want to know if this is normal or can happen after losing your virginity?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: heavy bleeding and blood clots after loosing virginity

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi charlottelol,

While some people do bleed after vaginal sex, it's not something tied to it being your first time; it has more to do with things like the sex being very rough or not a lot of lube being used. Those things can cause tears that lead to bleeding. But even then, it usually isn't huge amounts that render you dizzy. Are you still bleeding? And have you noticed any other symptoms like dizziness continuing as well?
charlottelol

Unread post by charlottelol »

Hi, thank you! I do still bleed a little bit, like i said kind of like im on the last days of my period. I still feel dizzy a lot but only when i stand up but I usually have that and its not nearly as bad as the day I had sex..
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. So, if you're certain this isn't your period, I would contact a healthcare provider and see if they can help you work out what's going on (and, if you haven't already, what could be possible causes of the dizziness). Do you know how to get in touch with a healthcare provider, or if there's something like an advice nurse you could call?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic