My nipples keep changing?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
a369
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I've written 6 short plays and a whole TV show
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual (I think. Maybe biromantic asexual?))

My nipples keep changing?

Unread post by a369 »

I've noticed recently that my nipples keep changing. A lot of the time the areola (I think that's what it is) are really puffy and smooth and my actual nipples are literally invisible. It's really weird. Then sometimes the areola are flat and there are weird tiny bumps around my nipples which are really senstive. And then sometimes my nipples go all wrinkly? I'm just very confused lol
Emily N
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: My nipples keep changing?

Unread post by Emily N »

Hi a369,

What you are describing sounds very much like what many people with breasts experience! Areolas and nipples change over time quite a bit, especially when we go through puberty and they grow. There is a lot of variation on the size and shape and color of the areola and nipple between different people. And the tiny bumps you are describing are glands called “Montgomery glands”!

Areolas and nipples change texture in response to touch and temperature. This can happen really quickly, like within seconds! When they are cold, areolas become more wrinkly. When someone is aroused, nipples may become more erect.
You can check out this article for more details: Abreast: The Basics of Boobies
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic