Sexual Coercion

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
confusedperson
Awesomeness Quotient: my eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: bisexual

Sexual Coercion

Unread post by confusedperson »

So I’m feeling guilty about something and I’m not sure how to approach it. I had a senior boyfriend when I was a freshman. He was 17, I was 14

At one point in our relationship, I coerced him into letting me blow him. He definitely said no at first..but I kept asking. Like I said, I was 14 at the time and I feel like I didn’t know any better. However, I still feel pretty guilty about it. It was four years ago. I’m not sure how to move on from it. I’ve apologized to him but I feel like it’s not enough.
Emily N
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: Sexual Coercion

Unread post by Emily N »

Hi confusedperson,

It is true that consent has to be enthusiastic from all people engaged, regardless of (and often we should be especially cognizant of) gender and age differences, and coercion is never okay. It sounds like now you have a better understanding of why it’s not okay to keep asking someone to engage in a sexual act if they initially did not give consent. I’m glad that you were able to apologize to him about it - has he shared how he feels? At this point, those are two big steps to take - realizing when you were wrong so you don’t repeat it and apologizing to anyone you may have hurt.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic