Sex method clarification

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Somesh mohanty
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Observation
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Straight

Sex method clarification

Unread post by Somesh mohanty »

Hi,

Since my last post I am doing a lot better.
Now i am focusing back on sex life.

But I am little confused regarding manual sex. I have read all your articles which says that manual sex does not pose any pregnancy risk even if there is pre-ejaculate on hand.
But other reputable sources like planned parenthood or kidshealth.org, etc say otherwise.

What is correct?
Because during the spur of moment neither me nor my partner would remember washing hands.
But it doesn't mean that our hands would be dripping with pre cum or cum.

So what is true and what is not? Please help me out as I trust Scarleteen a lot.
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Sex method clarification

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Somesh,

We're not going to tell you anything different on our boards than we are in our articles - I promise if we review and update them constantly with the best information we have. We also can't answer questions about pregnancy scares here on the boards - and this feels very close to a pregnancy scare question.

Here is another article about how fragile sperm cells are and how they can't survive being transferred from surface to surface: Who's afraid of sperm cells?

You were working on your anxiety more generally last time we spoke. How has that been going? Was the workbook helpful?
Somesh mohanty
not a newbie

Hi,

I read 2 books on how to manage anxiety plus I got consultation from an expert just a week back and till now we have had discussions on my problem. She has advised me Mindfullness technique to follow and i am following that.

Sorry but mine is not a pregnancy scare because i have gone complete sexual abstinence for the time being till i am doing completely fine.

I just wanted a clarification that why reputed websites are even varying on such topics from scarleteen because even Scarleteen has some article references to Planned Parenthood. And this website's opinion on manual fingering is varying from your's, so it created a doubt.

Nothing else. Seriously i dont have pregnancy scare. I am just curious for more knowledge. So if u can clear it!!😁
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Somesh,

As we mentioned, we can't say for certain why other sites list the information they do; we can only answer that we try to keep our information as up to date as possible. Sometimes discrepancies in information come from a source trying to really err on the side of caution. It could also be that they're not differentiating between what manual sex looks like for almost everyone and the rarer situation where someone ejaculates on a hand and then immediately inserts it into the vaginal canal, which can pose a risk. That kind of action is deliberate, not something that accidentally happens in the course of manual sex, but someone could include it under "manual sex." But again, that's just a guess as to why the information is different.
Somesh mohanty
not a newbie

Thank you so much Sam.

That's what i wanted to know.
There are links in your website to other sex ed websites like BISH, Brook, sex,etc and their information is consistent with scarleteen.
And i have noticed that websites which are medically reviewed by doctors, their information is generic and they take a safer side.

My question was around accidental contact with pre ejaculate during manual sex. And i dont think a deliberate act of ejaculating on fingers and then immediately putting it in vulva would be considered a manual sex anymore.

Nothing more to ask. Thanks a lot for answering. You guys are great.😁
Urna
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Urna »

Glad we could help, Somesh!
<3333
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic