Is this forum outdated and rarely mod'd?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
TakeControl
Awesomeness Quotient: A strong desire to dive into academia daily!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Straight

Is this forum outdated and rarely mod'd?

Unread post by TakeControl »

I posted in abuse and assault days ago and it just keeps saying nobody can see it until it's approved. IT SEEMS LIKE ME AND ESPECIALLY SAM W are really the only active users. I really needed some opinions and help with my psychologist, and I just don't get responses. Is there a more active forum like this? This site has SO MUCH amazing potential. I'm bummed. Keep checking. I don't get it...
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Is this forum outdated and rarely mod'd?

Unread post by Heather »

Good morning.

By all means, this board, like all of our direct services, is very actively and meticulously moderated. It is also quite actively used. You'll note per the guidelines you agreed to when registering that we not only do not guarantee any given posts will be answered or put through in a given period of time, or ever. That's because in some cases, like the post you're referring to, we need to do our due diligence, both not only sorting out how, and if, we can have a post like that be something that's suitable or even safe for our community as a whole, but doing some background research on the post and the user who posted it first as we take all of that into consideration.

So, rest assured, we've been right here, actively doing our job. You did not mention in that post you made Saturday that you were seeking help with your psychologist with the issues you mentioned, but given the nature of what you posted and what I've seen in the research I've done so far, I certainly feel confident saying that a qualified mental health professional is absolutely the right person to consult with, rather than what we can offer here.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic