I don't feel pleasure when I masterbate

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
frogz
Awesomeness Quotient: I am very opinionated and fight for what is right.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/them
Sexual identity: non binary

I don't feel pleasure when I masterbate

Unread post by frogz »

When I am feeling horny I try to touch myself but I doesn't really feel good. It feels quite bland and boring and it never builds up and gets better and I just end up giving up and stopping and I don't do it often as it doesn't feel nice. The only times I do it is when i'm like well screw it lets just try what do I have to loose. I'm not sure what to do now because when I feel horny I feel hopeless because I can't pleasure my self. I'm 15 if that means anything :)
Emily N
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: I don't feel pleasure when I masterbate

Unread post by Emily N »

Hi frogz! It can be difficult to find what feels good when masturbating! But just because you are feeling discouraged now doesn’t at all mean that you never will. I think sometimes there can be a lot of pressure to perform masturbation a certain way or use it only as a means to reach orgasm. But masturbation will likely feel most pleasurable in those moments when you can remove any expectations about how it should feel or what you should be doing. What setting do you normally try to masturbate in (as in, do you feel relaxed, have a comfortable space)?

As for the many ways to masturbate, you can try:
- Giving space for sexual fantasies
- Exploring parts of the body other than the genitals (nipples, stomach, thighs, anything!)
- Using lube you don’t even have to touch your genitals to masturbate - some people enjoy

I really recommend reading this article, Going Solo: The Basics of Masturbation - it gives a lot of specific tips! Are there any other things about masturbation you want to talk about or ask?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic