is it normal?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
amiela12
Pronouns: She/her

is it normal?

Unread post by amiela12 »

Hello,

So im having my first sexual experiences with my boyfriend and when he's fingering me or masturbating me at some point i would lose my senses in my feet and hands (i couldnt keep my hands straight) and start to feel a numb/light headed? i dont know if i orgasmed because i couldnt think straight and i was having great pleasure, is it normal to lose feelings in hands and feet? and after i told him to stop i would feel very tired like confused and light headed too

(Sorry if i did mistakes)

Thank you :)
Urna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Re: is it normal?

Unread post by Urna »

Hello amiela12, and welcome to Scarleteen!

Could you tell me if the numbness feels like having pins and needles in your feet and hands? Or is there zero feeling? It's normal for some body parts to tingle during sex, which we can sometimes misinterpret as numbness. It happens because our breathing changes during sex--it gets rougher, we may start panting or even hyperventilating, which may cut off blood flow to certain parts of our body for a little while, thus causing pins and needles.

Feeling light-headed during sex is also totally normal, because like I said, our breathing patterns get rougher during sex. This increases your heart rate and blood pressure, which can make you feel light-headed, dizzy, and confused. After orgasm, too, it's normal to be light-headed and confused, and overall very tired, because sex can be physically very exhausting. Orgasm causes the release of pain-killing endorphins that make you super relaxed, which makes most people sleepy. No wonder it's called la petite mort--some of us feel faint and may even lose consciousness temporarily post-orgasm. It would help if you were taking deep breaths during sex, drinking water before, during (if possible), and after sex, and trying to eat something before sex.

No mistakes lol please don't apologize!
<3333
amiela12
Pronouns: She/her

Re: is it normal?

Unread post by amiela12 »

No i dont feel any pain at all! And thank u very much !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic