New here with a couple questions

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Wild1
Awesomeness Quotient: I love yoga
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Bi

New here with a couple questions

Unread post by Wild1 »

I have been masturbating for about a year now. What I learned recently is using the bristles of an electric toothbrush and rubbing it against my clit, which gives me some extreme orgasms, and I only do it when I'm home alone. I do add KY, and no I do not use it for brushing my teeth. Stupid question here but does this cause any nerve damage? Is there such a thing as too much of an orgasm? And is holding my breath near the end of an orgasm okay?
My other question is that I am still a virgin, and I have been trying to use a banana a few times but it's a little painful but not much. I use a condom on it, and I use KY, but I can only go so far with it. I'm thinking maybe it's the curve of the banana that creates problem for me?
I have a boyfriend, and we haven't had sex yet, but I would like to be ready for it, that's why I'm trying a banana.
Thanks for the help.
Urna
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her

Re: New here with a couple questions

Unread post by Urna »

Hello Wild1, and welcome to Scarleteen!

Masturbating with an electric toothbrush cannot cause nerve damage, and there is no such thing as too much of an orgasm unless you've hurt yourself in some way and are in physical pain (which would be unrelated to the orgasm itself), and holding your breath near the end of an orgasm is completely alright and quite common.

The curve of the banana is pretty unwieldy for penetration, yeah, although I'm glad to hear that you've been using a condom and KY with it. I'm guessing that buying a sex toy is not a possibility, since you're a minor. Have you tried stuff that has less of a curve, like maybe a cucumber? Also--penises don't get much wider than three fingers wide, so just using your fingers to stretch yourself out isn't bad practice for sex either, especially if you have relatively long fingers.
<3333
Wild1
Awesomeness Quotient: I love yoga
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Bi

Unread post by Wild1 »

Buying a bundle of bananas is a lot easier than buying a cucumber. There's probably seven bananas in the kitchen right now. I would like to get a cucumber, but that's not an easy request.
Condoms I can get from school, and the KY is something I bought with tampons, but buying or requesting a cucumber could only be for one thing🤣
Fingering for me is one, maybe two, but I'm not at three. But I will stay away from the banana and play with my fingers for a while.
And why is there a age limit on sex toys? Why not have the basic little ones be okay for us?
Thanks for answering my toothbrush question.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

If you're looking for a few other things to try, in terms of DIY sex toys or things that can function as sex toys, we do have an article you may find helpful: D.I.Y. Sex Toys: Self-Love Edition. I do want to say, though, that if you're using the bristles of the toothbrush directly on your clitoris, that's not something that can be easily cleaned/sanitized for genital use. If you aren't already putting a condom over the head of the toothbrush, I'd recommend doing that from here on out.
Urna
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her

Unread post by Urna »

Also, to answer your question on sex toys and minors: there isn't an official age limit on sex toys per se, they're not like alcohol in that sense. However, accessing sex toys can be difficult for minors because most sex store shops wouldn't allow (in some places, unaccompanied) minors in. You could order them online, but if you live with your parents or an adult guardian who isn't comfortable with the idea of your using sex toys, it would potentially be quite awkward to receive the delivery. Is that an issue for you, at home?
<3333
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic