std question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
lycheefan
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i like drawing
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: bisexual

std question

Unread post by lycheefan »

argh it feels like a silly question but if my bf and i haven't had sex with anyone else besides each other, i couldn't have an std, right? thank youu
Coral
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her

Re: std question

Unread post by Coral »

Hi!

This is definitely not a silly question, and I’m glad you asked! If you and your partner have never had sex with anyone other than each other, it is very unlikely that you would have an STI. STIs are not created, only passed from one person to another. With that being said, if you have any doubts it can’t hurt to get tested! Getting tested for STIs is recommended at least once a year if you are sexually active.
When you and your boyfriend have sex, do you use a barrier method such as a condom? I ask because using condoms also helps protect against STIs. Hope this helps!
lycheefan
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i like drawing
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: bisexual

Unread post by lycheefan »

hello! i'm getting tested this week and we always use condoms :) thank you for the help!!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

That all sounds great! If you want a helpful resource for information on safer sex practices and getting tested, this article has a great overview: Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic