im i non binary or not?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kaytheAFAB
Awesomeness Quotient: im open minded
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them/their
Sexual identity: bisexual

im i non binary or not?

Unread post by kaytheAFAB »

i have been felling like this ever since i came out. i never in my life fekt like a proper woman. whenever i tal to my friends about it they all just say im a tomboy and noone feels like a full woman ever (i am out to them they accept me).but sometimes feel like i am too feminine to be a non binary person. i need help to figure out that what m feeling, is it normal or am i just fooling my brain into thinking im non binary for attention? i have always been inspired by the lgbt community so that sometimes makes me think im so obsessed with them that i want to be a part of them. i came out about 3 months ago and still sometimes misgender myself. hope u help me
Coral
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her

Re: im i non binary or not?

Unread post by Coral »

Hi!

First of all, I want to affirm that whatever you feel is valid and normal, even if it sometimes changes. There is also no such thing as being “too feminine” to be a non-binary person, plenty of non-binary people express them in a feminine way. If you feel comfortable identifying as non-binary, then that’s great! Ultimately, you are the only person who knows what you identify best with, and it may change over time as well. Some people also use a mix of she and they pronouns, so that’s something you could consider as well in order to figure out what feels best. I’m going to link an article here that talks a bit about being unsure of your gender, let me know what you think:
https://www.scarleteen.com/article/gend ... e_a_bummer

Hope this helps!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic