Fresh sperm?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Rose flower
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Fresh sperm?

Unread post by Rose flower »

I just got a small question. What is considered fresh sperm.
Elise
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer

Re: Fresh sperm?

Unread post by Elise »

Hi Rose flower, to quote from our article Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide, "sperm cells can only stay motile up to around a half hour or so in an environment that is unfriendly to them (in other words, outside the testicles, vagina or in specific lab conditions)." 'Motile' just means that the cells can still move. That said, it is really important to note that even if they are still technically motile, it is still not possible to become pregnant from any kind of indirect contact with with any semen by touching a surface like a toilet, sink or shaking hands etc. As the article also mentions: "The way people become pregnant, setting aside in-vitro technologies, is through direct vulval or vaginal contact with semen that is being ejaculated right there and then", which are acts like vaginal sex, frottage/tribbing, and fluid sharing.

I hope this answers your question :) I noticed from your previous thread that you have been dealing with a fear of sperm, how are you coping with that at the moment?
Rose flower
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Fresh sperm?

Unread post by Rose flower »

I'm currently doing alot better and my fear has settled down aton to the point it's just a thing I think of if I'm bored I'm so thankful I found this form and had help. And thank you for answering my question I was simply wondering what was considered fresh sperm and now I understand. Thank you!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic