Infected... Lumps? In labia

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
AmnesicSorcerer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Queer

Infected... Lumps? In labia

Unread post by AmnesicSorcerer »

Hey! This is an issue I've had for many years and it's rather bewildering to me and I've never been able to find answers to it. It's hard to explain for something as simple as a Google search (or at least I've found it so) and I don't trust my family doctor, so... It's just kind of been something that I've let be.

I regularly get painful lumps full of pus and blood on my outer labia. They are rarely on the mons where there is hair, and most commonly are at the very edge, just inside that, although sometimes they are farther in getting towards the inner labia. I have them more often than not, sometimes multiple at once. When they get really bad, and/or are inconveniently placed, I have a hard time going about my life because walking is painful and wearing pants even more so. I have had to miss school because of them. Often I have to pop and drain them before they will go away, which is also painful and then I have an open sore on my labia until it heals up.

There's no way for them to be an STI. I started getting them when I had been not at all sexually active. No kissing yet, let alone anything involving genitals.

I have tried doing research on my own and the closest thing I can seem to find is infected sebaceous glands, but why on Earth would I get them so often? Is it just an unfortunate reality that I am so susceptible to them?

Thank you for your time! I love what you do here. It's the first time I've found sex-ed that makes me feel included as a transmasculine individual.
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Infected... Lumps? In labia

Unread post by Carly »

Hey AmnesicSorcerer -- So glad to hear that you're feeling affirmed in what we have to offer content-wise! It means a lot to us to hear that. <3

A limitation we have is that we do no have a doctor on staff or amongst our volunteers; we would be unable to diagnose this condition for you. I'm aware of some conditions that may cause a lumps or bumps on labia, but none that would be this frequent or painful typically. Truly, your best option would be to see a doctor while you have at least one lump and have them examine it first-hand, especially if you suspect something might be infected. I read that you do not trust your family doctor - why not? Have you spoken to this doctor about this condition before? If you haven't, maybe we could talk through some ways you could feel comfortable going in and talking about it. If you'd just prefer not to talk to this person, is there anything preventing you from seeking out a different medical professional you can feel more comfortable with?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic