sperm and water

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
userSG1400
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: helping others
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/him

sperm and water

Unread post by userSG1400 »

Hi, this seems like a silly question but can water flick/push sperm onto other surfaces or objects?

For example, if there were trace amounts of sperm on a shower curtain or shampoo bottle in the shower and they were sprayed by the water in the shower, could it place any sperm onto other objects or contaminate other bottles?
Marisha
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Aspiring sex educator
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bi

Re: sperm and water

Unread post by Marisha »

Hi user SG1400,

I will refer you to the response Elise gave you on your post from a few days ago:
Hi there userSG1400, I'm really sorry to hear that you're having a flare up with your ocd, that sounds really tough.

I can reassure you that there is no way for your sperm to have "spread all over" [...] like you describe, nor have survived the washing process. This is because:

1) the process you describe would have completely destroyed the sperm, it cannot survive the washing process, the heat, the soap etc. just like washing would break down other bodily fluids, like sweat or snot.
2) further to this, washing [...] removes things like sweat, dirt, snot, rather than spread it all everywhere, if it did, washing wouldn't achieve any cleaning at all.
3) [...] the sperm would have died in the open air really quickly[... Refer to the following article:]
Are My Sperm Still Squirming? (there is some good further reading listed at the end of this one, too)
Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide
I hope this helps. Do you currently have support from a therapist for your OCD, and/or have any good coping mechanisms that you like to use?
Follow-up question: the site did just go through a major update, so I want to make sure you're able to access your previous posts. Do you know how to find them? You've asked really similar questions within the same month, so I want to make sure.
userSG1400
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: helping others
Pronouns: he/him

Unread post by userSG1400 »

hi yes sorry i have seen the previous replies, apologies for asking quite similar questions. I have been very panicked because after i ejaculated (although quite sure there was nothing on my hands) i washed my hands only with water, i have been worrying about sperm being on my hand and when rinsing my hands with cold water this water then dripping in the sink and onto objects such as the soap bottle. What actually happens to any leftover sperm on my hand that i rinse off with cold water (where does it go? and is it dead?), i have been panicking thinking that i have actually just rinsed sperm into and around the sink and onto an object (such as the soap bottle) and someone went into the bathroom right after me, what if they touch the sink or the soap bottle then.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi userSG1400,

I'm going to ask that you not continue seeking reassurance around this topic; we've given you what information we have, and this topic has been covered many times on both the main site and these boards, so if you need to double check information or look for answers, you can search both those places.

If you need help figuring out first steps in getting support around your OCD and this topic, that's something we can help with, but if you continue to seek reassurance around sperm transfer, I will need to lock the thread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic