Concerned

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
jenny01
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Concerned

Unread post by jenny01 »

Hey so I'm concerned that my sister can hear me ejaculating while I'm masturbating. She knows I masturbate but I feel weird if she knows exactly when I'm doing it. We share a room and the only time I really have time to do it is at night when my family is asleep. I don't particularly like doing it in the shower that's why I do it at night. But I feel like she can hear me squirting. I could just be overthinking this but is there any way to be quieter? I feel like the sound fills the whole room. It's kinda stressing me out.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Concerned

Unread post by Mo »

I do think that if you know your sister is awake, then that's not going to be a great time to masturbate; it can be difficult to find private time when you share a room with someone, but it's good to have strong boundaries around this sort of sexual activity when someone else, especially a family member, is present.
In terms of how loud you are and adjusting for that, I think that's something you'd have to experiment with. If you're both up for using something like a fan or white noise generator during the night, that can mask some level of noise from other sources. Ultimately, though, it might mean you don't have that many opportunities to masturbate in your room right now.
jenny01
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Unread post by jenny01 »

When do you suggest I try to masturbate? I have 4 younger siblings and 2 parents who are always at home since my parents homeschool them. There's really no privacy in my house. My parents don't want us locking our doors either.
Emily N
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to cook!
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

Unread post by Emily N »

Hi jenny01,

I'm so sorry to hear that it is hard for you to find privacy in your house, I can imagine that could be very difficult. Because I don't know you or your family's schedule, I can't tell you when would be the best time to masturbate, but I agree with Mo that it is important to set boundaries about masturbating when others are present. I know you said you don't like to masturbate in the shower, but could you try masturbating while you are in the bathroom and out of the shower with the shower running? (Not the best for water use, but it could be an option!)

I also found this article about masturbating without much privacy - https://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexu ... rbating_at
One of the points that it makes is that you hear your voice (and any noises) the loudest, and that most softer noises can be covered by music, fans, running water, etc. The article also suggests that you can prepare "excuses" for alone time (needing a nap, not feeling well) when you know your sister won't be in the room.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic