Clit problems

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kdksksk
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My wit
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Lesbian

Clit problems

Unread post by kdksksk »

So i masturbated a lot everyday (up to five orgasms a night) just by rubbing my clit for years and it was fine, but two days ago while i was on my third i continued because i like to edge myself and my clit went numb. And now i can still feel pleasure when i rub it but it's short and i can't get aroused at all because there's no tingling sensation in my clit when i fantasize. Is there something wrong or do i just have to wait? I've read on other sites and it said i should wait but I'm really not sure.
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Clit problems

Unread post by Carly »

Hey kdksksk! I think the first step to figuring out what's going on is to take a break from rubbing your clitoris for a couple of days, just like you read. You said you're able to still feel some pleasure, so I'm thinking taking a few days off will help regain the ability to masturbate for a longer period of time. It's also worth noting here that there are more "indirect" ways of masturbation, like humping a pillow, that may feel good when rubbing your clitoris isn't working for you. You can also try rubbing or stimulating another area of your body, like your nipples.
kdksksk
not a newbie

Unread post by kdksksk »

Thank you! When i wrote the post it had been two days since the problem started and later on that night the sensation came back so i rubbed it out a little bc i was frustrated (which might have been a mistake on my part) and now it's gone again, and it's fine because i know it'll coms back but what I'm asking is if i take a longer break will it go back to the way it used to be?
kdksksk
not a newbie

Unread post by kdksksk »

I don't know if my last reply sent so I'm just going to type it out again xx so it's been two days since the problem started when i wrote the post and later that night the sensation came back although not fully so i rubbed it out a little bc i was frustrated which might have been a mistake on my part and now it's gone again? I'm sure it'll come back but what I'm asking is if i go on a longer break will it go back to normal? Because i noticed when it's numb it's actually still a bit swollen like when I'm aroused but I'm not (because i can't feel my clit) so it's probably just my body taking longer to recover from my orgasms... so will it come back to normal?
Elise
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer

Unread post by Elise »

Hi there kdksksk, we've received both you messages and you'll be able to see them in the thread now. New users' first few posts need to be approved and there was a bit of time between you posting and the next person coming online.

To your question, it sounds like spending a couple more days to see how your clitoris continues to respond to a break is a good path forward, given that things seem like they had improved for you a bit already with this approach. If after a few more days there's no further change, or you notice the swelling stays around when you're not in a state of arousal for more than a day or so, it would be a good idea to see a doctor just to double check everything, this could be an OB/GYN, a general practitioner you feel comfortable with who will do this kind of check up or a doctor at sexual health clinic. Is this a kind of medical care you can access?

That said, it does sound like holding off stimulating your clitoris for a few days will help with this, however I can appreciate that it can be frustrating if you want to masturbate and it is tempting to try again, even when you know your clitoris is needing some time out from direct stimulation. Trying out some other kinds of touch that aren't directly related to your clitoris could be something useful to try in the meantime to work out what other kinds of touch or stimulation you might like, even if these don't bring you to climax in the same way, they can still be very pleasurable! It also could be a good opportunity to do some other things that relax you for a few days, which could also be of benefit if this has been causing you stress over the past couple of days.
kdksksk
not a newbie

Unread post by kdksksk »

hello just thought i'd update so after a week ish after the problem started it went back to normal so waiting it out did work but im starting to realize that it's kind of gone again now. i haven't been masturbating as often and it's not as faint as it was the first time so i don't know what caused it. although it is finals week so could it just be the stress?
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear waiting a bit helped! If you're stressed, that can certainly influence how masturbation feels, since our brains play such a big role in our experience of sexual pleasure. When we're stressed, it's often more difficult to feel pleasure or arousal. So, it might be a matter of waiting until finals week is passed and seeing how it feels then.
kdksksk
not a newbie

Unread post by kdksksk »

hello just wanted to do a little follow up so i masturbated tonight and it was fine there was no problem with my clit being numb but it was a bit hard to get aroused / getting as aroused as i normally do so i think it may just be stress making it harder for me to be aroused? I'll definitely wait a while after finals to see
Carly
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hey kdksksk! I'm glad to see my first answer helped, and some other folks were able to help with a few more things. Stress is definitely something that can make it harder to feel aroused and it's very common. I think it will be easier after finals. Good luck with your exams!
kdksksk
not a newbie

Unread post by kdksksk »

hii im back again because it seems that ever since this problem started everytime i masturbate i lose feeling in my clit for a few days? there was one time where i didn't masturbate for longer than it took for me to regain the feeling and i could masturbate multiple times a day without losing feeling but then i lost it again? and i always regain it but it's been a big source of anxiety these past few months bc im scared that i might masturbate and then lose it completely :( it's also making me want to take a big break from masturbating to see if it helps? i can get turned on again after about three days so i won't have any problem with the feeling part but should i just take a big break (a few months maybe) to see if it fixs itself? and also should i worry about it or not because it's giving me anxiety even though it comes back eventually
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there.

I can understand you feeling worried: it’s disconcerting when we stop feeling a part of our bodies! But I’m actually not seeing any cause for concern here. You can’t hurt the nerve endings in your clitoris by rubbing them or rub them literally out. That just isn’t something you have to worry about.

What I suspect is probably happening is just that you and your body are feeling pretty dated after a masturbation session, so you’re not getting super-aroused again to the degree that causes you to feel all that sensation. How much sensation we feel has a lot to do with that: we don’t feel super-sensitive all the time or just whenever, and it can sometimes take some time for mind and body to recoup and get back to an excited state. Some people’s bodies just take more “resting” time than others, that’s all.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic