Sex toys

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Krys
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I think i'm great at making poems
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Cisgender

Sex toys

Unread post by Krys »

Hello! I recently purchased a clit vibrator (still on its way) and after I purchased it I had a lot of self questioning up until now. Things related about sex are a taboo in my family and this is my first time buying a vibrator. I also couldn't tell anyone even my close friends because I don't know how they'll react so no one's there to comfort me or talk to me about these things. I just tell myself that vibrator is a new thing to me and trying new things are part of growing up and having more experience, I shouldn't be embarrassed right? That I purchased something like that.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Sex toys

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Krys,

You're absolutely right that exploring different ways of masturbating, including using sex toys, is nothing to be ashamed of and is a part of our sexual development. Would it help to talk a little more about those self-questioning thoughts or doubts are? Sometimes, if we identify what, specifically, is making us embarrassed about buying a sex toy, we can address the root cause of that embarrassment.
Krys
not a newbie

Unread post by Krys »

After I purchased it, my mind always go 'did I do the right thing? 'why did I purchased it?' 'do I really need it?' 'should I just cancel the order?' 'what if my mom found out about the toy?' 'where do I hide it?' things and stuffs like that.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. So, with those privacy concerns, are there places in your room that other people never look t or use? Places like the back of a dresser drawer, under a bed, or another spot no one but you is going to be in can all be good options for storing sex toys.

For those other doubts, when you first saw the toy and decided to order it, were you excited or really interested in trying it?
Krys
not a newbie

Unread post by Krys »

I know some hiding spots but sometimes my mom goes through my stuffs if she's looking for something and i'm afraid she'll find out that way.

When I saw the toy, i'm interested in trying it because it has a really strong vibration and my hand won't go numb anymore when doing 'it'.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Do you have something like an underwear drawer? That's somewhere that, in theory, she'd have absolutely no reason to dig through.

And that sounds like a great reason to by a sex toy! There's nothing wrong with being curious about new way of masturbating.
Krys
not a newbie

Unread post by Krys »

I'll try the hiding places you mentioned. Thank you for talking to me through this stuff. I don't have anyone to talk to about this and you guys are a really big help in keeping my mind straight! <3
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You're very welcome, and I'm glad we could help!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic