Itchy labia and swelling

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Borb
Pronouns: She/her

Itchy labia and swelling

Unread post by Borb »

For the past 2 ish years the inside of my outer labia becomes itchy, I itch it, it becomes dry, and then swells(which lasts an hour to a day). When it swells my labia becomes numb and i can't actually get much sensation from it, Is there anything I can do to stop this? Recently I've been putting aloe Vera on it when my labia gets dry which usually makes it better. Another thing to note is that there are these little hard bumps under the skin of innermost part of my outer labia, which becomes especially itchy. Are the bumps normal? Any advice? (Out of googleing I've ruled out yeast infection since my discharge is fine)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Itchy labia and swelling

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Borb,

Oof, that sounds uncomfortable. Since it sounds like this has been going on for awhile, have you ever spoken to a healthcare provider about it? And do the bumps themselves become itchy, or are they just located on the part of your labia that's most prone to itchiness?
Borb

Unread post by Borb »

I haven't asked a doctor yet but everytime they've examined me there they say I look healthy, I will ask next time I visit tho. And I think it's just located on the area that's most itchy. I've always assumed the bumps were because I have really light keratosis pilairis
Urna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English

Unread post by Urna »

Hi Borb!

I think it's best to bring it up with your doctor next time you visit, yes! Until then-you said that scratching the itchy parts causes swelling and numbness, and that aloe vera soothes the area. Have you noticed any other patterns over the last two years, with the itching? Are there any specific triggers (sweat, exposure, certain fabrics) that cause it or make it worse?
<3333
Borb

Unread post by Borb »

Not that I've noticed I think it only itches if I touch myself there first, or if i wear really tight pants. dosent really bother me through sports or daily activities. I think it's more the dryness than anything
Urna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English

Unread post by Urna »

Yeah, touch/tight pants might be irritating the area in addition to the dryness. Try to avoid tight pants and synthetic fabric, and only touch the area gently, after washing your hands with soap?
<3333
Borb

Unread post by Borb »

Yeah, thanks for your help! And sorry for the late reply
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic