some clarification

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
MigueLMichaeL
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I dont know
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Him
Sexual identity: Pansexual

some clarification

Unread post by MigueLMichaeL »

Hello currently I'm being paranoid and wondering if you can get someone pregnant indirectly (i.e from penis to hand to doorknob to vagina.) Also, since I've read that sperm survives under the foreskin does that mean if i touch it 8 hours later can it get someone pregnant indirectly?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: some clarification

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, Miguel. We’ve answered these questions for you already and already provided you links to more in-depth information. We’ve also already been clear about our limits with these kinds of questions and reassurance-seeking.

What are you doing to help you manage this kind of anxiety when it comes up besides trying to seek reassurance like this, which isn’t effective when it comes to managing anxiety?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
MigueLMichaeL
not a newbie

Sorry about this post I was quite irritated because I kept on overthinking. I've also read some stuff again for reassurance and I've been at ease I guess, but I would like to ask a question though. When talking about indirect contact in your posts and guides does it involve the vagina? I was confused about this part "People also do not have to worry about pregnancies being caused by things like semen left on bedding, toilets or sinks, shaking hands with someone who maybe masturbated that day, or any other kind of indirect contact like that". Does this scenarios also include the vagina?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Yes, indirect contact refers to how the sperm come into contact with the vagina.

Can you answer the question Heather asked above? I'm glad the articles gave you reassurance, but as Heather pointed out reassurance seeking is not an effective way of dealing with anxiety.
MigueLMichaeL
not a newbie

Sorry but here in my country it's really hard to take care of your mental health :(( not only that but I live with my grandmother so COVID-19 also gives me anxiety. Which also makes me worry about going outside and find proper mental help.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Is it hard to take care of your mental health due to things like lack of providers or lack of money, or because of something else? Too, it may help to know that many mental healthcare resources are remote or online, which means accessing them would not increase the COVID-19 risk of your household.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Have you looked at any of these resources yet, Miguel? Some are free!

http://www.scarleteen.com/anxiety_and_o ... _resources
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic