Anal masturbation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
jenny01
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Anal masturbation

Unread post by jenny01 »

I really enjoy anal masturbation. Is there anything I need to worry about while doing it?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Anal masturbation

Unread post by Heather »

There are some things to bear in mind when it comes to safety, for sure.

1) Lube, lube, lube, lube, lube. The anus doesn't produce its own lubrication and anal tissue is delicate and easy to tear or fissure, so using lube is really important.
2) Don't use anything that doesn't have a flared base. If you're taking about something besides your own fingers (which are attached to your arm, so no worry about losing those in your anus :P), it's important anything you use have a wide, flared base, because if something winds up all the way inside your anus without one, it usually means a trip to the emergency room to get it out. And no one wants that.
3) Don't play with anything sharp, and ideally, stick to things meant for anal play.
4) If it hurts, don't do it, stop doing it, or make an adjustment so it doesn't hurt.

You can find out more by using the search function on the main site with a search like this one: https://www.scarleteen.com/search/google/anus%20safety

Questions?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic