confused

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Aarushi257
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i think i am funny
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

confused

Unread post by Aarushi257 »

can a retroverted uterus hide a pregnancy at 10 weeks 5 days on a trans-abdominal utrasound scan?

I have this confusion, cause i have heard people say they cant see their baby clearly but does that mean the baby can be hidden?
I have some anxiety about this after my own ultrasound scan as I have a retroverted uterus.
Please help.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: confused

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Aarushi257,

As far as I can tell, a retroverted uterus wouldn't hide a pregnancy from an ultrasound. Too, it also wouldn't cause nine false negative pregnancy tests, so even if something was wrong with the ultrasound, you can be certain you're not pregnant.

How are you doing in terms of taking care of yourself after that pregnancy scare? I know it was really stressful for you, and sometimes our stress can cause us to fixate on things where we already have an answer.
Aarushi257
not a newbie

hi
i am feeling scared still
i had my period too (33 days after the last one)
but the pregnancy tests i took (although negative) had a bit of pink stains on them (not where the test line is supposed to be) because i dropped one and shook the other after putting the urine on it.
However, all of them were negative but the pink stains were making be a bit scared and now its caused me to overthink the ultrasound. I am unable to get over this scare.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, how about we focus on what you need to get over this scare, as you now have a third confirmation(your period) that pregnancy did not occur? I know we've covered some of the sources of this fear in previous threads, but if you haven't already read it, I think you should take a look at this article: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?. You'll notice that for each of the reasons, there are also recommended next steps. Do you see any steps related to the sources of your fears that you think you could try?
Aarushi257
not a newbie

Also I want to add that I have heard of women having periods during pregnancy or bleeding during pregnancy and its freaking me out!!!! My first two were really irregular and my last period was regular and it happened 33 days after the last one. It came with menstrual cramps and back ache. The gyneacologist who checked me said that my ovaries looked normal and that everything seemed okay. I am just scared that because of my retroverted uterus she missed the egg sac or something (is that even possible at 10 weeks?) i came here because i trust that you guys are medically accurate and will give me some insight. I am very confused and don't know where to ask. I keep asking the internet but there's no proper information on this. Please help. Anything would help. Any information.
Aarushi257
not a newbie

i don't know why i feel this way.
My boyfriend is super kind and supportive.
I do have some trauma around sex ( a member of my family used to kiss me when i was very small) and i live in a country where having sex before marriage or getting pregnant is punishable by the law. My boyfriend is very kind, gentle and understanding and i do understand my fixation is very unhealthy. I do deal with anxiety and the occasional suicidal thoughts from time to time.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Having trauma as well as living in a place where sexual behavior is punished could both be feeding these anxieties around pregnancy. But it also sounds like there is some underlying mental health stuff going on that could be contributing as well. Are you receiving help, like counseling, for that anxiety or have you received help for it in the past? And are you feeling suicidal as part of this pregnancy scare, or are those feelings in the past?
Aarushi257
not a newbie

I feel suicidal from time to time.
No i am not recieving any help.
I don't have access to therapy, my parents are unsupportive and i don't have any money.
I am *barely* hanging on as it is.
The scare is making things worse for sure.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, since mental health is outside of the realm of services we offer, the first thing I want to do is give you the resources on this page: https://www.opencounseling.com/hotlines-ae. One appears to be a general mental health hotline, the other is specifically for people dealing with suicidal thoughts Can you make an agreement with yourself to contact one of those lines today?
Aarushi257
not a newbie

my boyfriend sent me this too.

Thanks for caring.

I will try these.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome, and I hope you're able to find the support you need at those resources!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic