Itchiness

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
destiny
Pronouns: she/her

Itchiness

Unread post by destiny »

Hi, for the past few days I've been experiencing itchiness and discharge in my vaginal area. I've been wondering if it's because of my pubic hair because there's a lot of it, but I was wondering if it could be anything else?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Itchiness

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, destiny: welcome to the boards.

It's not likely that your pubic hair is the issue when it comes to the itchiness if it hasn't been an issue before, and we can be sure it isn't the cause of changes to discharge, which start inside the vagina. It might well be that you're going to need a healthcare visit to find out exactly what's going on here and get any needed treatment, but I can probably help you narrow the possibilities first, if you like.

That discharge: is it more thin or more thick? Is it more white or more grey or greenish? Is it clumpy? Does it have a smell that's different from what you're used to with discharge? If so, what's that smell like?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic