Water and Sperm

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
MigueLMichaeL
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I dont know
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Him
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Water and Sperm

Unread post by MigueLMichaeL »

Hello guys im back with another question. This is probably my last one for sometime, but since some people are going to live with us for a while, I want to be extra safe.

Just like my other posts, this one is about removing sperm from surfaces. previously i asked about using bleach, time and temperature to remove sperm cells but ive always wondered: is water enough? I actually read one of your articles here (https://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodi ... your_hands) and i was thinking if plain cold tap water(no soap) is enough to remove sperm from my hand???
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Water and Sperm

Unread post by Heather »

You know, if people are living with you, you want to wash your hands with warm water and soap, period. Sperm or no sperm, because the bacteria that can live on our hands is what can actually spread things between people, unlike sperm cells, which can't do anything that way.

So, please wash your hands the way that article explains. I'd ask that (and do, as you've just read) of everyone. And if there's semen on them, and sperm cells in that, that will take care of it. Cold water sans soap would, too, but that wouldn't take care of bacteria, an actually-dangerous thing. So. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic