Pregnancy Test

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
mews
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Pregnancy Test

Unread post by mews »

Hi!
Is it ever too late to a pregnancy test? I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I was pregnant, which can’t be right since I’m on the pill & used a condom the last time I had sex in November, plus I’ve had all my withdrawal bleeds as expected, but that annoying little voice in my brain won’t stop. So, to stop that voice, I’m taking a test, but I wanted to make sure since it’s been a while, it would still be accurate?

I know you have a policy on not engaging in pregnancy scares; if this qualifies as such, totally get it.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Pregnancy Test

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there.

No, it isn't. It can be too early, but it can't be too late if someone is still pregnant (in fact, tests often show positive for a little while even after abortion, pregnancy loss or delivery). I think taking a test to see if it can't get that voice to knock it off is always one excellent idea.

We are glad to *constructively* engage around this stuff, so if that doesn't work for you and you want to brainstorm some other things you can try, you're welcome to circle back. Hope it helps!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic