Still bleeding after losing my virginity

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Prancingtiger
Pronouns: She/her

Still bleeding after losing my virginity

Unread post by Prancingtiger »

I lost my virginity on February 7th so this Sunday and I bled a lot like a crime scene I had huge clots so big that I could feel them come out as I was peeing when I say a lot of blood I mean like a really really really heavy period without the cramps my next period doesn't come on until the end of this month so Ik it's not that I'm not bleeding as much anymore but i have on a pad the blood is brown but when I wipe it's bright red please help I don't know what to do (p.s there was so much blood I had to throw away my underwear shorts and sweatpants because they all went from the original color to red because of all the blood)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Still bleeding after losing my virginity

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Prancingtiger,

While some people do experience bleeding after vaginal intercourse (something can happen the first time or the fiftieth), four days of heavy bleeding like you describe is not a normal outcome. Usually, if bleeding occurs it's because a small cut or tear formed inside the vaginal canal from things like lack of lubrication or lack of arousal. That kind of bleeding is usually light, and only lasts a day or so. If you're certain this isn't a period, then you'll want to check in with a healthcare provider. Is that something you know how to access?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic