Fingering/Odor

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Earthgurl
Pronouns: She/her

Fingering/Odor

Unread post by Earthgurl »

Hi ! First off, so happy I found this amazing space to discuss these topics.
Yesterday I was at a love interest’s apartment, and he ended up fingering me. I noticed that after he did, there was an odor on his fingers. This is embarrassing but, it was a bit fishy and just overall unusual for me. Today, I’ve been discharging a lot and it’s that same unfamiliar scent. I’m a virgin so I don’t know if a certain part in my vagina being interrupted, my hymen breaking, or what :(
Best advice ?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Fingering/Odor

Unread post by Heather »

So, hymens don't actually "break" and we can talk more about that after we deal with the more central issue here if you want. Or you can read more about that here: My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It.

Since you say the smell and the level of discharge are both unusual for you, and what you're describing sounds like you might have bacterial vaginosis -- we can't diagnose people, but a fishy smell + a lot of extra, often greyish or cloudy discharge are the most common symptoms -- I'd suggest you check in with a healthcare provider. Do you have someone you already see for sexual/reproductive healthcare?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic