Confusing guy?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kiiiimibela
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Confusing guy?

Unread post by kiiiimibela »

Hi Scarleteen,

I’ve been broken up with my ex bf for a month or so now. Currently I am talking to this guy, but online. We text and he calls me almost everyday after I get home from school. He flirts with me and I flirt back. But, I told him two days ago that I like him. He didn’t think I was serious at first, but when I told him I was being serious he said that I’m being funny. I didn’t know what to say so I left him on opened. He texted me a few minutes after and told me not to leave him on read so I was like, I don’t know what to say after you rejected me. He responds with an “I didn’t reject you.”

I have been worried about how I mightve made him feel? I feel like it was such a sudden confession that it put him on an uncomfortable spot but yesterday night he just told me to get over this anxiety cause he isn’t a serious guy and he is over it.

So we went back to talking like normal, however it seems like he’s uncomfortable with me now? I asked if I make him uncomfortable but he said I don’t.

We do still talk, but he barely flirts with me now unlike before I confessed. I was so sure he liked me back, but.. Why is he acting like this? He was so vague with his response when he could’ve just told me he’s not looking for a relationship when I confessed. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to ruin a friendship. Please help?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Confusing guy?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi kiiiimibela,

We can't really say why he's acting this way, since he's the only person who knows the reasoning behind that. But it does sound like you've tried to get a read on whether he's uncomfortable and he's insisted he isn't. It's also not great on his part to tell you to get over a feeling because he's over it and doesn't want to deal with you feeling that way anymore.

Something it might help to ask yourself is: if your conversations stay like this, without the flirtation element and with the sense that he's uncomfortable, would you want to continue this friendship?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic