Penis is too straight up with erection

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
PinappleI
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m often happy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him

Penis is too straight up with erection

Unread post by PinappleI »

Hey. I’m knew to this site so sorry if I get anytbing wrong, etc. It’s nice to be here though.

I have a problem, when I have an erection, it points completely up, pretty much touching my belly button. It gets very stiff too, and I can barely move it down without it hurting. This seems like it’ll make sex very hard. I’m 16 years old and it does seem like the main parts of puberty hit a while ago. I watched a video on this topic and it said this shouldn’t be a problem as you can move the penis down (I cant) and it shouldn’t point up so high during and after puberty (still is for me)

Any help, advice or information? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Alexa
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her/ella
Sexual identity: queer, pansexual

Re: Penis is too straight up with erection

Unread post by Alexa »

Hey PinappleI,

I'm sorry that you're having an experience that can be anxiety-inducing. <3 Thanks for coming to us to talk it out!

First, it's worth saying that while you likely have completed the bulk of puberty, people with penises usually reach adult bodily maturity around 18 -- so your body may still be working out the kinks.

I also have a couple of questions that might help us work towards some understanding. Do you masturbate? Or if not, do you do anything at all to relieve the tension that builds in your body when you get an erection? Also, do you experience pain in general when you have these erections (not just when you're trying to move your penis around)?
Alexa K.
Scarleteen Team
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic