Cracks on penis tip

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
QU210054
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: nothing
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: hetero

Cracks on penis tip

Unread post by QU210054 »

My penis tip is wrinkly and there are cracks on it, the cracks aren't too deep. When I rub the cracks it barely hurts but it is concerning me.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Cracks on penis tip

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there.

This could be a handful of different things, but since you're not too worried right now, and getting healthcare is extra-tricky at the moment, have you first tried moisturizing in case it's just skin dryness, which it very well could be, especially this time of year? Like, if you use an oil or lotion for a few days (and maybe use a gentler soap to wash with if you were using anything harsh, like a deodorant soap), does it help, get worse, or stay the same?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
QU210054
not a newbie

Thank you so much! I will try using vaseline religiously for a while and see what happens.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Not Vaseline. Petroleum jelly is actually a bit toxic and won’t add any moisture, either. And in the event this isn’t dryness, but a yeast infection, that could make it way worse.

Instead, you want to try something safe that adds moisture: an unscented lotion would be a much better choice, or a basic body-friendly oil like coconut or olive oil.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
QU210054
not a newbie

Ok, I will use that instead. I was looking online for what I might be dealing and I found an image that looked pretty similar to what I had, and it was labeled bowenoid papulosis. What I searched was "lines on penis tip" and it was the first image (I'm not sure if its the same first image for every region by the way). Do you think this is what I might have? Thank you.
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

Hi QU210054,

We can't diagnose you over the internet unfortunately, you'll need to see a qualified healthcare provider if you're worried or it doesn't clear up with moisturising. What I will say is that bowenoid papulosis is more common in people in their 20s and 30s as it is associated with HPV, and the papulosis bit refers to the papules - raised bumps - that usually come with it.

It's worth following Heathers advice above either way, since dry skin clears up fairly quickly and better to eliminate that from the list!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic