Rumors.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
JustANerd
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m pretty good at gaming
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She / Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Rumors.

Unread post by JustANerd »

I recently heard a girl talking about how at 15 years old, she got pregnant from being fingered. Her boyfriend fingered her after he jacked off and didn’t wash his hands.

Is there any links or sites you can link me to, to see if this is true? I’m very curious as I’m not sure if she’s lying or not? I’ve been wanting to allow my boyfriend to finger me, but this has me very cautious and I want to learn before going any further. :D
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Rumors.

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, JustANerd.

So, we've been doing this work for over 22 years now, so you've come to one of the most reliable sites for this information already.

This isn't how pregnancy happens. Sperm cells are simply not that resilient, and they also need different conditions. You can find out more about those, here: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide.

Here's another: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?.

I don't know if you know this person, but I'd also suggest you be gentle with them, if so. It's not uncommon for people to be dishonest about how they became pregnant, and often enough, it can be for some pretty rough reasons, one big one being sexual violence or other kinds of abuse. She also may simply be uneducated, which isn't her fault. So, you or I can't know why she's saying that, but I'd just let it go when it comes to her, you know?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic