ANXIETY BASED AROUND NON PREGNANCY RISK ACTIVITIES

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Anonymous786
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Confident
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Straight

ANXIETY BASED AROUND NON PREGNANCY RISK ACTIVITIES

Unread post by Anonymous786 »

Hi there , i have a question so firstly I know dry humping fully clothed does not pose pregnancy risk, my question is would the pre cum if a guy has any go through his pants causing the girls clothes to be wet ? Would she have to change her underwear etc to prevent any form of STI if there is any risk and of course the pregnancy risk I find it rather confusing as to why dry humping is not classed as a pregnancy risk, also why do some people claim pre cum or ejaculation can some how swim through clothing ? Is this true :shock:
This is not a pregnancy scare so please answer :) much appreciated
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: ANXIETY BASED AROUND NON PREGNANCY RISK ACTIVITIES

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, Anonymous.

I'm sorry that you're still struggling with this kind of anxiety, but I know that by now you know our policies on these kinds of questions, and I also know that you've read the answers and articles with more information we've provided you to this question before.

The fact that some people claim things that are false -- that like the earth is flat, that there are superior races or that sperm cells can somehow get through layers of clothing -- don't change facts. You know what the facts are around this because we've talked to you about them before. The fact that others claim things that are false doesn't change that.

Have you yet been able to bring this up with your therapist? Also, is dry humping something you're still doing even though it clearly is very, very distressing for you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Anonymous786
not a newbie

Hi Heather I appreciate your reply,
Firstly yes I know I have asked similar question before since that time I can’t seem to get rid of the anxiety
I have not engaged in any dry humping since that incident as it make me Really stressed out to be honest I wouldn’t call it dry humping as I just sat on his lap for a while fully clothed and maybe rubbed for a few seconds. I have not partaken in any sexual activities
I have indeed spoken to my therapist about this she has been helpful but I just can’t seem to shake this feeling I keep doing pregnancy tests of course negative
I’ve had three periods since the incident but for some reason I have not started this month I am nearly 4 days late ☹️ So it’s causing me to panic more :(
I have been fasting this month I don’t know if that may have an effect on it
I appreciate you taking time out to message Heather
Thanks
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Before I say anything else, can I ask what your therapist suggested you do with this particular anxiety? Or suggested you do not do? In other words, what was her instruction and course of treatment for it, specifically?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Anonymous786
not a newbie

As I of course told her I some how believe I can get pregnant through clothes and I don’t feel like my mind can rest etc, what helped was saying it out loud so for example like agreeing with the anxiety and OCD so of course it sounds really unrealistic and impossible and just makes you want to not believe it because of course it’s not true also I do tapping which when I feel anxious not sure if you have heard of this method in simpler explanation it’s like tapping the feelings away
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Thank you for those details! Have tried those techniques around this most recent scare? And, if you feel like those techniques are not helping reduce your pregnancy anxiety, have you mentioned that to your therapist?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic