Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
- not a newbie
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:51 am
- Age: 20
- Awesomeness Quotient: i work hard
- Primary language: english
- Preferred pronouns: she/her
- Sexual identity and orientation: straight
- Location: philippines
helloo me again
So recently I’ve been experiencing twitching in my lower abdomen? In the area where you normally get cramps. The twitching feels like a normal muscle twitch, kind of like when your leg twitches or something, and is not painful just kinda weird. I’m fairly sure I’m not pregnant and its only really exacerbated when I sneeze or cough, I can see it move too (like a fluttering?). It started the day after having sex and has been like that ever since. Is it something to be concerned about? I’m wondering if I should talk to my gyno because its not painful at all, just weird.
Thank you in advance!
- scarleteen staff/volunteer
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:43 am
- Age: 28
- Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
- Primary language: English
- Preferred pronouns: she/her/ella
- Sexual identity and orientation: queer, pansexual
- Location: Chicago, IL
Your abdomen is a huge set of muscles, so like any other muscle, it can get jumpy when it's been worked hard/is tired/is tight/ etc. I wouldn't worry. Of course, if this goes on for a long time or begins to hurt you, I would always suggest checking in with your provider just to be safe!