Toilet seats, semen and bleach

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
MigueLMichaeL
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I dont know
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Him
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Toilet seats, semen and bleach

Unread post by MigueLMichaeL »

Recently my female cousins went to our house for dinner since my grandmother lives here and they wanted to check up on her due to the pandemic. While they were here I decided to masturbate since I have problems with overthinking and wanted to relieve myself of this stress. I forgot that they were here and accidentally came on the toilet seat. I cleaned it with not only bleach but also with laundry detergent. I was hoping to wait it out for 20 minutes but they mightve used the restroom only 5 minutes after I used it. Is it safe for them to use the restroom?
Amanda F
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to go rock climbing outside!
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Toilet seats, semen and bleach

Unread post by Amanda F »

Hi MigueLMichaeL,

Totally safe! Bleach is a very powerful disinfectant and would remove any semen that was on the toilet seat.

Just so you know, semen on a toilet seat is generally not something that could cause harm to another person (or pregnancy). Semen, like other bodily fluids, has to come in contact with genitals or other mucous membranes (like someone's mouth) in order to cause any potential harm due to STIs. That said, it's very thoughtful of you to want to keep the space clean for your family and you did the right thing by cleaning up after yourself.
MigueLMichaeL
not a newbie

Thank you for replying! I feel better than I did when I asked this question but there's still a little bit of worry in me, so I just want to specify what I did. I poured bleach on it then water, then bleach again, then water, after that I wiped the seat with a face towel. It wasn't that dry but it was close. Maybe I'm still paranoid since I think that the bleach would have diluted due to the cold water. Is it still okay?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi MigueLMichaeL,

That does not change the answer. Since you mention you have problems overthinking, does that happen in multiple parts of your life? Or does it only happen with things related to sex?
MigueLMichaeL
not a newbie

Thank you Sam for responding! Sadly it affects me more than ever due to this pandemic. I've been overthinking since my first experience with pregnancy scare just this February and now I feel like it's getting worse because I have to think about the virus outbreak. That's why I'm so glad for discovering this site since my girlfriend lives with me and my family because of the quarantine. Sadly her mother is an active frontliner and that's her only family. My previous posts on this board all center around my previous pregnancy scares within the quarantine and I am so thankful for all the help you guys have given me :))
MigueLMichaeL
not a newbie

Oh and also maybe for just a bit on reassurance, does sperm die within the first contact with bleach?? Thanks again sorry for basically repeating the same question but surely after this I won't think about it anymore.
Amanda F
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to go rock climbing outside!
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Amanda F »

Hi MigueLMichaeL,

We've already answered that question above.

I'm so glad you're finding Scarleteen helpful! Since you're worried about pregnancy scares, what do you think about stepping back from sexual activities that make you feel anxious for a little while? I know that can be a tough decision to make, but if you're engaging in activities that end up making you feel anxious, is that affecting your overall mental health?
MigueLMichaeL
not a newbie

Actually my girlfriend and I have agreed upon her decision on stopping the pill. She says that it gives her bad moods swings. I might ask about this more on a new post :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic