Periods.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Krose99
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Periods.

Unread post by Krose99 »

*this is not a pregnancy scare, just a question*
I’ve seen all over tik tok over women making videos claiming they have had periods, full on normal periods while they where pregnant the whole time, I always thought having a regular normal period meant you’re not pregnant, correct? I know it sounds stupid to ask.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Periods.

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Krose99,

You're correct; if someone is getting something every month that looks and feels like the period they're used to, then they can assume they're not pregnant. This article does a really good job explaining why some people may think they had a period during their pregnancy (the short answer is there are other things that can cause bleeding that one might mistake for a period): https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... erstanding. Too, it might help to have this article on hand as you're browsing tik tok (or anywhere else): Legit or Unfit? Finding Safe, Sound Sex Educators & Support Online.
Krose99
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Krose99 »

Okay thank you, another question if it’s okay, I’ve been under extreme anxiety and stress and I usually get my period around this time but it hasn’t come yet but I’ve been getting on and off cramping for the past few days, I’m kinda afraid it’s not going to come, a couple of days ago I got a tiny spot of blood on the toilet paper but it never returned, is this all caused by stressed? Should I be concerned?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

There are lots of different things that can cause a period to arrive a bit later than usual, and stress is one of them. You can read about why that is, along with other possible causes of a late period here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic