Ultra-sensitive penis

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
john
not a newbie
Pronouns: he

Ultra-sensitive penis

Unread post by john »

Hello,

I have an ultra sensitive penis (uncircumsized) and I do not mean it in a good way. Rather, I'd describe contact with my penis (not the foreskin) to be painful, especially when it's dry.

Is this normal?

I read somewhere that this happens because my penis is not getting enough exposure since I was born (always hiding under foreskin). Is this true?

I also read somewhere that it is advised to expose my penis on a daily basis so that my penis could adapt to the environment outside the foreskin. I tried this but my foreskin swells real bad and now I am afraid to do it again.

I am afraid that this will affect my sex life in the future when I got married, that it will hurt when I am doing intercourse (with all that friction). I don't want to be needing a lot of lube everytime I have sex (or is vagina's natural lube gonna be enough?)

What can I do here? Please kindly advise.

Circumsizing is last resort (I don't even know if it will fix this issue) so I'd appreciate other advise other than that.

Thank you very much!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Ultra-sensitive penis

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi John,

What you're describing does not sound like a usual part of having a foreskin, nor does it sound like something that can be treated just by exposing your penis outside of the foreskin more regularly. Have you ever spoken to a healthcare provider about this? If not, that would be a sound next step.
john
not a newbie
Pronouns: he

Unread post by john »

Hello Sam,

No, I have not spoken to a healthcare provider. Initially, I thought that every uncircumsized man has the same problem, until I know that they do not.

Anyway, thank you for your response Sam, appreciate it.

Before I speak to a healthcare provider, would you mind to kindly refer this thread to a male staff? Perhaps they have experienced this kind of stuff before.

Once again, thanks.
Amanda F
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to go rock climbing outside!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Amanda F »

Hi john,

I appreciate that you'd like to hear from someone else who might have experienced this sort of thing before - that makes sense! However, this is something that really should be discussed with your doctor. We aren't healthcare providers and ultimately can't give you medical advice, nor can we diagnose you over the internet. Because what you're experiencing is causing you discomfort, you should definitely speak with a doctor who can examine you in person and give you medical advice.

Just as a side note, (more) lube is always a good idea! Even if you're having intercourse with someone and they are lubricating naturally, it's always okay to add more so that both you and your partner can enjoy sex without any pain or discomfort. You can also use lube while solo if having dry contact is causing you pain. More on lube here: Lube 101: A Slick Little Primer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic