confused about my gender identity.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
anotheraltgirl
Awesomeness Quotient: idk !
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

confused about my gender identity.

Unread post by anotheraltgirl »

so i wanna start off by saying i'm a cis lesbian, who's never really questioned her gender identity up until now.

recently, i've started to question if i'm nonbinary. i sometimes like being a girl, but other times i identify more with...well, nothing of the binary. i've also questioned if i'm actually trans, since i'm very intrigued by the idea of being classified as a femboy.

this post is really all over the place, but i've been attracted to masc and fem girls but also femboys (but not masc boys cuz just,,,, no.), yet i now feel like i'm starting to identify with *being* a femboy.

i also feel like i'm liking the idea of being refered to as she/they, or they/them, or she/they/he. i really don't know what the hell's going on and i haven't told anyone about this so..... advice ? thanks in advance !
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: confused about my gender identity.

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi anotheraltgirl,

It's totally okay to question your gender identity or take time to explore whether being a cis woman feels like it fits you. One tool I really like is this workbook, because it has a ton of exercises and information designed to help you explore your gender identity in a safe, open way: https://timetothrivetherapy.com/wp-cont ... rkbook.pdf.

With the pronouns, that could actually be a helpful first step in exploring this. You could get to see how you feel if people referred to you as "he" or "they," which could offer a clue in terms of which gender identity feels most comfortable to you. Are there any people in your life you'd feel comfortable asking to use different pronouns? And are your family and friend groups generally accepting of trans and nonbinary folks?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic