BLEEDING AFTER FIRST INTERCOURSE

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
bpbts
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

BLEEDING AFTER FIRST INTERCOURSE

Unread post by bpbts »

Hi, i lost my virginity last Tuesday, the 4th of August. I did not bleed during the act. I only noticed a little pink blood after I wiped from going to the bathroom. And it's been like that ever since -- until yesterday (Friday) I've had brown discharge, kind of like when I'm on my last days of my period. And we used a condom and a water based lubricant. At first I thought the light pink blood was the lubricant because we used a red one.

Please help. All other websites say it's implantation bleeding but the bleeding starting right after sex. Thanks!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Re: BLEEDING AFTER FIRST INTERCOURSE

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi bpbts,

So, if it started right after sex than there's no way it can be implantation bleeding; it takes between five days and two weeks for implantation to occur. Plus, assuming the condom did not break or come off, you can assume it did its' job.

We can't say for certain what the bleeding is, but there are a few potential culprits. One is that it's related to your period; are you close to when your period usually starts?

Too, if you noticed it right after sex, it's possible you got a small cut or tear during sex. Did you notice any pain during sex?
bpbts
Sexual identity: bisexual

Unread post by bpbts »

Hi! Yes, I definitely had pain at first [during the penetration] then after a minute or two, it was gone. I even peed after and when I wiped I saw a little pink on the toilet paper. The next day, same thing.

I should also add I never felt pain inside, or irritation the next day. Nothing. I only felt sore in my thighs, hips, knees. The only thing that worried me was when the very light bleeding didn't stop after a day or two. I didn't need to wear a pad though. Only appeared when I would wipe. I got worried after spending almost the whole week like that. I should also update that the bleeding has stopped. On Friday (3 days after) is when I saw the light brown discharge, it changed drastically from light pink to brown real quick. The brown discharge lasted 2 days.

Maybe it's because we went twice and it was too much for my vagina to take in? Sorry, tmi! Hahahaha

I'm also a week a way from getting my period. It's pretty regular. Although I'm not sure if vaginal penetration for the first time affects the cycle? Should I still visit a gynecologist? Should I wait until the end of the month?

PS. I saw him take the condoms off and can a sure you they did their work!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Actually, if you had vaginal sex multiple times and there had been pain early on, it's possible you irritated a smaller cut or tear, which is why you noticed the little bit of blood afterwards. If you want to keep sex from hurting at the start in the future, this article has lots of good advice: From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse.

Having vaginal sex for the first time can't change your cycle (really, the only way sex can influence the menstrual cycle is if it leads to pregnancy). If it was indeed a tear, it sounds like it's healing. But, if you notice the bleeding starts up again (and isn't period related) or you notice an increase in pain or discomfort in your genitals, then you'll want to check in with a healthcare provider to make sure there's not an infection or other underlying cause that needs treating.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic